Ellison Memorial Funeral Home began this week initiating dialogue with other funeral homes in our area and in central Alabama and have agreed to follow similar guidelines in the coming days in order to comply with mandated public-gathering requirements as well as social distancing suggestions by the state and federal governments along with the CDC. Along those lines, the following is a list of steps Ellison Memorial will be following while continuing to provide outstanding care and service to those whom entrust the care of their loved one to us.:
1. Beginning immediately, we will limit attendance at visitations to select family members. No more than 9 people at a time will be allowed into the funeral home, with a limit of no more than three minutes each during visitations. After one group processes through, another group will be allowed to enter. Further details will be shared on-site by staff at events. Immediate family will be able to spend more time with their loved-one.
2. Funeral services will also be limited to family-members only. It is our recommendation that smaller, private funerals be conducted at this time, with larger memorial gathers taking place following the ease of the current health crisis.
3. All funeral services will be available upon the family’s request live on the Ellison Memorial Funeral Home Facebook page.
4. All guestbooks will be linked online to our website.
5. We encourage the community to place on-line flower orders. This is available through our website, www.ellisonmemorialfuneralhome.com.
You may find additional information available on our Facebook page and Website in the coming hours. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration of your community and the families we serve. We understand the inconvenience of these requirements, yet we respect the intended end they will bring - helping spare the lives of so many of our at-risk friends and family members. God bless you and yours during this time. If we can be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact us at 205.280.4600.
Praying for our community,
Ellison Memorial Funeral Home